Kite Winder Stairs Problems
Wood working questions and answers in here please.
Kite winder stairs problems. Angled or curved or winder stair treads are a particular trip hazard, especially because of the lack of uniformity and because the tread width at the inside of the angle curve can be too small for safe walking. They are easiest to install when planned into a new build or renovation rather than a small remodel project, as the steel supports should be planned into the building works and the supporting wall can be constructed accordingly.
Winders are steps that are narrower on one side than the other, such as in a spiral staircase, and are used to change the direction of steps without having to fit a landing and take up more space. It is important to prepare the stairs first before painting.
A kite winder also has rules that must be adhered to. The fixing blocks should be screwed but most are only nailed and sometimes the tread to riser screws are left out too!
For example, they are common in homes where the grand staircase is in the entryway. They are very common in older homes and often used as a secondary staircase.
The rule for all treads says that, “twice the individual rise plus the going (2r +g) must be between 550mm and 700mm” as outlined in section 1 above. This can cause a problem with two kite winder boxes, if you look at the example two kite winder box to the right,
The amount that we could move it forward will depend on the space you have around the start of the stair and the headroom. Your stair tread can be greater than 220mm ( going ), and the step height can be below 220mm ( rise) provided that twice the rise plus the going (2r+g) falls between 550mm and 700mm.
Hello all, i need to apply plaster underneath a double winder section of a staircase i have installed. The supports you’ve shown in your first pics are props supporting the treads, they’re put in to try to prevent squeaking later on, as kite winder stairs are notorious for squeaking when being built in situ on sites, as it’s rush rush rush to get them in.
Tue feb 18, 2020 7:28 pm has thanked: The problem with two kite winder boxes:
The turn center is placed on the stair edge, so the internal size of the turned steps is 0. Post by max100 » sun nov 11, 2007 4:29 pm.
- Huayna Machu Picchu The Stairs Of Death
- How To Vacuum Stairs With Dyson
- Huayna Picchu Stairs Of Death
- Ideas For Dead Space Above Staircase
- How To Use The Little Giant Ladder On Stairs
- How To Vacuum Stairs With Shark
- I Beam Stairs Prices
- How To Vacuum Stairs With Kirby
- I Told You About Stairs Gif
- How To Walk Up Stairs With Crutches
- How To Use Closet Under Stairs
- How To Transition Wood Stairs To Carpet Landing
- How To Trim Stairs With Laminate Flooring
- Ideas For Slippery Wood Stairs
- Hudson Yards Staircase Building
- How Wide Are Typical Deck Stairs
- Hudson Yards Stairs Location
- How To Trim Out Interior Stairs
- Hudson Yards Stairs To Nowhere
- How To Trim Stairs With Quarter Round